Serves 14 Slices
High Protein, Low fat, Low GI, Vegetarian
30 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 30 Total Time
- 1 x 7g sachet of dried yeast
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 250g gram flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 50g linseeds
- 100g mixed seeds, such as chia, poppy, sunflower, sesame, pumpkin
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 4 large free-range eggs
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/gas.
- Fill a jug with 375ml of lukewarm water, add the yeast and oil, then mix with a fork until combined and leave aside for 5 minutes.
- Pile the flour, ground almonds and all the seeds into a large bowl with a pinch of sea salt and make a well in the middle.
- Pick, finely chop and add the rosemary leaves. Crack in the eggs, add the Marmite (if using – simply leave it out for a gluten-free friendly loaf) and beat together, then pour in the yeast mixture.
- Whisking as you go, gradually bring in the flour from the outside until combined – it’ll be more like a batter than a dough.
- Line a 1.5-litre loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Pour into the prepared tin and smooth out nice and evenly on top.
- Now you’ve got two choices – bake it straight away and it’ll puff up a bit more and taste fantastic, or cover and place it in the fridge overnight and allow some slightly more complex sour flavours to develop. Both are brilliant, just different.
- To bake, place in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes, or until golden, cooked through and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool for at least 20 minutes before eating, then serve
The mixture may appear very wet, but this is normal do not be alarmed.
1. Chopped hard-boiled free-range egg, yoghurt, paprika & cress
2. Ripe beef tomatoes, Swiss cheese & black pepper
3. Skinny cream cheese, ripe cherry tomatoes & fresh basil
4. Cottage cheese, soft-boiled free-range egg, paprika & spring onions
5. Wilted spinach & cottage cheese
6. Squashed beetroot, natural yoghurt & balsamic
7. Grated cucumber & cottage cheese with quality smoked salmon 8. Skinny cream cheese, cherries & cinnamon 9. Skinny cream cheese, cucumber & hot chilli sauce 10. Skinny cream cheese, lemony grilled asparagus, fresh mint & chilli 11. Natural yoghurt, banana & cinnamon 12. Fried free-range egg, natural yoghurt, ripe cherry tomatoes & curry powder 13. Avocado, cottage cheese & Tabasco chipotle sauce 14. Houmous, pomegranate seeds & rocket 15. Marmite, ripe avocado & natural yoghurt Tips This bread is good fresh for a couple of days, and delicious toasted for a few days after that. You could even us any leftovers to make croutons. Nutritional info: Calories (per serve) 213 11% Fat 14.5g 21% Saturates 2g 10% Protein 10g 20% Carbs 10.2g 4% Sugars 0.9g 1% Fibre 5.1g