Terry Minett (B&H Admin)
High protein, Low carb, Low fat, Low kilojoule, Low sugar
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 700g chicken breast fillets, trimmed, cut into strips
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green curry paste
- 400ml can light coconut milk
- 3/4 cup Chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 100g snake beans, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1 large zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add chicken. Cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until onion has softened. Add curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk, stock, fish sauce and lime juice. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened slightly. Add beans and zucchini. Cook for 5 minutes or until chicken and vegetables are tender.
- Add coriander. Stir to combine. Serve with steamed rice.
Energy 2518 kj Fat Total 15g Saturated Fat 6.8g Fibre 5.5g Protein 47.7g Cholesterol 114mg Sodium 1102mg Carbs (total) 64.5g
Low-carb version: Add extra vegetables such as more zucchini or chopped spinach, and reduce or omit the rice.
Higher fibre: Serve with brown Jasmine rice.
Salt-reduced: version Omit fish sauce and use salt-reduced stock.
Lower GI: Serve with doongara or basmati rice.